Give One Get One 🎁 Give $100 gift card, receive $25 gift card. Give $50 gift card, receive $10 gift card.
Curt Likins celebrates 10 years with Trezo Mare! Thank you Curt for your dedication and professionalism. Your attentive and charming personality enhance the Trezo experience for our guests.
Kansas City Restaurant Week is January 13 - 22, 2017
Call for reservations: 816-505-3200
Wild Isle Organic Salmon with Black Forbidden Rice and Sweet Cilantro Curry Broth
Executive Chef, Robert Padilla of Trezo Mare previews Kansas City Restaurant Week!
See more at www.facebook.com/KansasCityRestaurantWeek
Wild Isle Salmon with Black Forbidden Rice and Sweet Cilantro Curry Broth (gluten-free)
Wild Isle Salmon (Serving size: 2)
- Wild Isle salmon, 10oz cut into 2pcs.
- Cut your salmon (10oz) in 1/2 so each portion is 5oz
- Lightly oil, salt and pepper the salmon
- Heat a medium size sauté pan with about 1/2 an ounce of vegetable oil to the pan. You want the oil to get nice and hot. (the oil can start to smoke just a little bit)
- Add the salmon to the sauté pan and let sear for about 3 minutes, with a pair of tongs try to move the salmon from the pan, just to keep if from sticking.
- Put the sauté pan with the salmon into the oven (unless you have a plastic handle on the pan) Do not flip the salmon.
- Cook in the oven at 350 degrees for about 8 minutes (this should give you a nice medium cooked pcs of salmon. Pull salmon from the oven with a towel or oven mitt, remembering that the sauté pan handle has been in the oven. Flip the salmon over and let rest while you plate up the dish
- Baby Carrots
- Wash the carrots, if they have stems, trim them down to the desired look.
- Dry the carrots, add to a roasting pan with a touch of vegetable oil, salt and pepper
- Roast in oven at 350 for about 15-20 minutes, depending on how done you prefer your veggies to be
- Keep hot and they are ready to served
Black Forbidden Rice
- 1c. black rice
- 1.25 c. of water
- ½ oz butter
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Bring water to a boil in a medium sauce pot with the black rice and just a pinch of salt and pepper in the pot a well
- Cook over medium heat, uncovered until the water comes to a boil
- When water comes to a boil, turn heat down to low and cover the pot with lid.
- Let continue to cook until rice is tender (about 30 minutes)
- Pull from heat add a 1/2 oz of butter to the rice, mix butter in and set aside
Sweet Cilantro Curry Broth
- Coconut milk, 1cn
- fresh lemon grass, 2ea stalks, roughly chopped
- fresh garlic cloves, 3ea, smashed
- Yellow onion, 1ea roughly chopped
- celery, 1/2 a head with the stalks roughly chopped
- Whole cardamom pods, 4ea (or you could use 1/2 tbs of cardamom powder)
- Granulated sugar, 1oz
- lemon juice, 1oz
- cilantro, 1bunch, pull leaves from stems (does not need to be perfect)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large sauce pot add all your chopped veggies, the cardamom pods, sugar, lemon juice and the stems of the cilantro with 1/2qt of water and then bring to a boil
- Add the can of coconut milk and mix together with the rest of the ingredients in the pot. Bring back to a boil.
- Turn heat down to medium and let this reduce by 1/2. (Approx. 30min at a medium boil)
- Once the broth has reduced add a pinch of salt and pepper, taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Pull the broth from the heat and strain the liquid from the rest of the ingredients
- Allow broth to cool for about 10 minutes, then in a blender add the cilantro leaves and a small amount of the curry broth (about a quarter of the total amount of broth.)
- Slowly pulse the blender as to not throw the hot liquid from the blender as it gets going. After a couple of quick pulses the blender should be ready to turn to on completely.
- Slowly add the rest of the curry broth base into the blender. After 30 seconds or so on high blend you should have a bright green and smooth cilantro curry broth ready for use.
- Please note: this sauce does not reheat very well as the bright green color turns to an army color of green. If you want to reserve the sauce for later just don't blend the cilantro into it, cool and hold your base sauce and that can be reheated at any time, then you would just follow the blending instructions from there.
KC Restaurant week is January 13-22, 2017
For reservations, call 816-505-3200
The mission of Operation Breakthrough is to provide a safe, loving and educational environment for children in poverty and to empower their families through advocacy, emergency aid and education.
Managed by Maureen Veto-Slater
KC Integrated Marketing